Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Double O - 7" EP 1983

Photobucket

Double O was a band from DC set way apart from it's contemporaries. Although I am much more attached to the demo tracks I love this record; it really demonstrates how talented these guys were. Their songwriting is seriously crazy. The A side rips the whole way through with "Is It Better" being my favorite track on the record. The B side is a bit more out there and starts off pretty dark. The track "Death of a Friend" has a dramatic build up that ends in the use of a keyboard or synth, but not in an annoying way like Catholic Discipline or something, like a dark eerie way. I don't know give it a listen for yourself. This record is awesome and I scored it for $15, quite the deal.

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment