Thursday, July 14, 2011

Doggy Style - Work As One 1985

Photobucket

Doggy Style is fucking sick. Some of the stories I have heard about the shows and Brad X's antics make me love it even more. Goofy and lighthearted skate punk with hardcore speed. I love the lp Side by Side most of all but this little release gives us three tracks not heard on the lp marking the few with Brad X on vocals (the only good Doggy Style in my opinion although the rap album is pretty hilarious and not without its gems; maybe I'll put that up later if you're lucky). Tracks like "Emotions" and "Support and Belief'" show a softer side of Brad also incorporated is a spoken call for unity amongst punk attitudes which is pretty goofy but cool. If you haven't seen the music video for Donut Shop Rock it's worth watching. Goofy story; I first heard of Doggy Style when I was about sixteen years old. I had just been booted from my dad's home and was trying to find a job at the mall. I was wearing a suicidal shirt and some old dude asked me if I liked doggy style. I thought he was being a creep but he clarified that it was a band. It probably wasn't until a year or two later that I actually investigated it and got a copy of Rat Music for Rat People and heard their contribution "Janitor Man" or something like that. It wasn't too stand out but then I got Side by Side and Don't Hit Me Up from a personal seller $10 for both. I fell in love with Side by Side, still am in love with it. Never fell for Don't Hit Me Up. I even heard their rap shit The Last Laugh they did with Brian Baker before I heard this 7". Needless to say I ended up loving this 7" too.

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment