Friday, July 15, 2011

Chronic Sick - Reagan Bands 7" 1983

Photobucket

Chronic Sick is a band that pushes a lot of people's buttons but I fucking love them. They make light of and downright ridicule what a lot of their contemporaries took very seriously. The only interview I've read lead me to believe that the guitar player just liked to joke around as often as possible and coming out of New Jersey you're bound to have a lot of pent up frustration with almost anyone around you. Reagan bands seems to be a jab at the trendiness of hardcore at the time all ripping off discharge and taking anti-reagan stances without substance or reason. Crotch Rot is disgusting and my favorite track on the release for sure. The 7" closes with the breakneck speed of Blood Type X. As always someone had to ruin this band by boosting their popularity through a repress, now Chronic Sick is as trendy as ever. I already had the 90s boot of the LP with the 7" and the demo on it as well but I picked this up for nostalgic value... plus I'd never spend $1000 plus on any record ever, no band is that good.

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment