Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Straight Ahead - Breakaway 1987

Photobucket

On days when it is rainy and I have nothing to put up on Suds Denim I'll scan and put up some of my favorite records. I'd like to start it off strong with one of my favorite hardcore records ever. Straight Ahead 'Breakaway', six songs of fucking amazing hardcore. I can't imagine anyone into second/third wave hardcore hasn't heard it but if you haven't get ready for a ride.

1) Not Afraid
Never turn your back. It's time to care. Stop the violence. Just don't stare. You and I. It's our scene. Time to fight for freedom and equality. Love is in our hearts. It was from the start. Open your eyes. "Become aware". Not afraid to do what you know you can. Not afraid to take that dare. Not afraid. Not afraid to care. We're in this together. It's out destiny. Fight for a cause. Fighting for you and me. Care!
2) Break Away
When things turn on me. Can't take no more.Find away out. Breakaway. Free to find true prosperity. Search for it now cause in time we all pay. At first I didn't even care. When will it be okay. Second I couldn't decide, hold back or explode. It's easy to say nothing, to sit in a corner and keep your mouth shut. Put in your place. You think you'll get your way. Now, gotta breakaway. Get ready, hold steady. You think you'll get your way. Now, gotta breakaway. You think you'll get your say. Not gonna listen. Not gonna hear it, just don't get in my way. Sick and tired, sick of you.Something to prove, take a step. Don't want to hear it. Not a worry in the world about what you have to say. "not gonna listen to what they say" "break through, break free, break away".
3) We Stand
Live and let live. Don't be obnoxious. Have some self respect. Show this world you exist. You don't have to be kicked around. (what gives them the right) Be yourself and be proud. (say what you gotta say) Forget what others have to think. (they'll think what they want to think) Some peoples attitudes stink.
4) Right Idea
The choice will always be yours. How far are you willing to go? If what you feel is real then I know you'll be there when I turn. Now that the spot light landed on you and you don't know what to say. Since you don't know what you're talking about. You never felt it inside. What we say, what we play, is what we feel. Don't wear special clothes or make up for appeal. When i get the chance to speak, weither or not they hear. We got the attitude and the right idea. Always looking for a new trend. You think you really believed that you were sincere. You cut down people you call friends. Anything just to get ahead. You know everything about nothing. You have no idea. None.
5) Straight Ahead
I'm for the people. I stand for them. If everyone learned to give a helping hand. You can count on me, your fellow man. In out fight for untiy, we stand. So many people, seem they don't mind. Broken spirits, they walk that line. Look deep inside yourself and try to find, a caring person with an open mind. Look deep inside yourself and try to find, a caring person with a positive state of mind. The way we think. The way we act. We walk STRAIGHT AHEAD willing to give. Always dare hold out our hands cause we care. We'll do the best we can. I'm for the people. I stand for them. If everyone learned to give a helping hand. You can count on me.
6) Spirit Of Youth
Young at heart, all for fun. We fight for right, to all be one. We speak through music. Our voice will never stop. When we communicate we know not to listen to your rot. A burst of energy is what we give. Being ourselves is how we live. "Spirit Of Youth" We're not the same. We all think different. But the spirit of youth, we all live it. Young at heart, out for fun. We speak our minds. Don't hide behind lies. "Spirit Of Youth" in you and me. We got the power. We should stick together. Nothing can go wrong. "Spirit Of Youth" Young at heart, our for fun. Still standing strong. Standing as one.

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment