Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Beyond - No Longer At Ease 1989

Photobucket

This is one of the more creative hardcore records I've heard to emerge from NY in the close of the 80s. In a time and area where thugcore ran rampant, Beyond delivered intelligent lyrics and music that was all over the place. I don't know where it falls really, I see elements of youth crew, the speed of hardcore punk, and even areas of borderline prog rock. Also yes, this is where Olympia's Ancient Head got their name. Burn turned me on to Beyond. "My mind you won't destroy"

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Goddamn I wish my scanner was bigger, all of the images are cut off including the lyrics, you'll just have to deal with it.

Download

1 comment:

  1. this band is amaizing,thanks for the share and for the scans,bro!!

    ReplyDelete