Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Burn - S/T 1990

Photobucket

Well here it is, I wore the grooves down to almost nothing on this record. Burn will always sit as one of my favorite bands. I don't listen to them half as much as I used to but I dedicated pretty much my entire forearm to artwork from this record. Moving into more abstract and interesting hardcore, this was the record that hooked me. The main thing for me was the lyrics, so very poignant and capable of being interpreted on so many levels. I interviewed Chaka once a super long time ago. He made a lot of comments on my take of the lyrics to "Shall be Judged". I saw it functioning on both an animal rights and a social/economic/ecological justice level. He was definitely good at the whole personal is political thing dealing with large social issues and individual emotions. I loved it. It really resonated with me. To this day I have collected every single Burn record pressed including a nice little test press. I used to listen to it religiously now I pass it on to you.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment