Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Heart Attack - Keep Your Distance 1983

Photobucket

I'd rather not talk about how much I paid someone for this record... it's the most I've ever spent on a stupid piece of vinyl without trades or anything. Regardless it was worth it to me to be able to own it as it will probably never be booted (although I thought that about this band's first 7" but it was), also this is just one of my favorite hardcore records ever so I had to own it. I could recite these tracks backward from memory with how much I've listened to this record. New York's Heart Attack was very different than their contemporaries, the songs incorporated a lot of punk melody but were crazy, abrasive, and fast enough to most definitely be considered a hardcore record. The drumming is absolutely out of control, coupled with the fake british accent in the vocals hollering over nothing to open the record this music gives me goosebumps. It is also rumored that this record holds the first recorded blast beat of all time. Interesting indeed. Enjoy.

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment