Monday, November 29, 2010

V/A - Mystic's COPulation 1984

Photobucket

This is a fucking great Mystic comp, the most exciting contributions for me being the Dr. Know track (god it's awesome) and of course, America's Hardcore's track, one of the only actual releases from the band aside from the "It Came From Slimey Valley" comp track. Also I found myself really enjoying some bands that never caught my attention in the past. I had never really been gripped by any of White Flag's material, maybe I was just intimidated by their huge arsenal of releases, but this track is awesome. Their first Flipside comp track really let me down. Also Wurm's track on this record is really catchy and I have never liked that band. Is it just me or is Agression's "slammin' at the club" just "Locals Only" with different lyrics? Other stand out tracks are Sado Nation's, S.V.D.B's, Authorities, and Manifest Destiny's rippers. The whole comp is good and includes some other more well known bands like Black Flag, Government Issue, and Ill Repute. A great concept for a comp.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Download

No comments:

Post a Comment